I LOVE this article! Weeknights don’t have to be bland and boring… You don’t have to be always waiting for the weekend… here’s some great tips to spice up your weeknights and make them feel more special.
Originally posted by Laura Gaskill via Houzz.com
It’s easy to get in the habit of trying to speed through the week just to get to the big “reward” of a weekend off. But aren’t we missing out if we’re not making the most of the free time we do have on those weeknights? Here are 10 ideas for beginning to reclaim some of that time, even on a too-tired-to-cook Wednesday.
3. Take a sip and a snack outside. Pour yourself a special drink, load up a tray with little nibbles and head outside to enjoy some pre-dinner R&R. Better yet, invite over a neighbor or friend you’ve been meaning to catch up with for some low-key hangout time.
4. Do something a little bit different for dinner. Whether it’s cooking dinner on the grill and eating outside or carrying a feast to your nearest park to enjoy on a big blanket on the lawn, all it takes is a little twist to make a weeknight dinner more exciting. Here are a few more ideas:
- Make your favorite breakfast for dinner.
- Light candles and turn on some music. Bonus points if the music comes from the same country as what you’re serving for dinner.
- Ask the youngest child to create a centerpiece. It’s always fun to see what they come up with!
7. Light up the fire pit. Gas fire bowls in particular are easy to flick on at a moment’s notice, so there’s no reason to save them just for special occasions. And isn’t gathering around the fire pit reason enough to celebrate an average Wednesday night?